Who We Are
We Are Doe Run
We are the people of Doe Run. We are a metals and mining company with a mission to provide value to our stakeholders and stockholder by delivering a sustainable supply of select minerals, metals and services to meet the needs of a growing world population.
How we do that is just as important as what we do, and so our vision is to act as stewards of the minerals in our care, while providing premium services and products to people who share our belief in enhancing the quality of life.
For more than 150 years, we’ve been a company of innovators striving to improve our processes and products to meet the changing needs of our industry and society. See Our Innovation at Work.
We believe in making tomorrow better than today. This is a commitment to our employees, our customers and our communities where we work.
Every day we take steps to balance our social, economic and environmental responsibilities, including:
- Protect employee health and safety by meeting or exceeding industry expectations. We achieve this through 15,000 hours of health and safety training for employees annually, hygiene programs and establishing award-winning mine rescue teams.
- Manage and reduce the environmental impact as a responsible mining company and lead battery recycler.
- Remediate historic company properties to bring them new purpose.
- Fund STEM education programs, internships and scholarships that educate the next generation of leaders in mining and lead battery recycling.
- Strengthen relationships with our neighbors and communities by helping build important infrastructure, like the M.R & B.T. Railway Memorial Bridge in Herculaneum, and recreational resources, like the golf course in Viburnum.
- Support the local economy by using local vendors, maintaining financially stable operations, making charitable contributions and developing local infrastructure.