Dig In and Go Deep!
Our mining jobs provide mine superintendents, mine engineers, supervisors and other mine operations personnel the fast-paced and energetic environment they enjoy.
Located in one of the world’s largest underground lead deposits and deep under the natural beauty of Missouri, Doe Run’s mining employees deliver high purity lead ore and copper and zinc ore found in proximity.
Our ore deposit is world class and so are our employees. Doe Run mining jobs attract and retain mine engineers and key mine operations personnel from across the country. Many employees tell us no other mining district in the U.S. can boast of our scale of underground operations. Twenty-five miles of roadways connect four of Doe Run’s mines, including Casteel, Buick, Brushy Creek and Fletcher. Doe Run also operates Sweetwater Mine and Mine No. 29 located nearby.
Our mining jobs are located in an area known by miners and geologists around the world as the “Viburnum Trend” in Southeast Missouri. Local or nearby communities include Salem, Viburnum, Steeleville, Cuba, Rolla, Park Hills, Farmington, Caledonia, and Bixby, to name a few. And St. Louis is just two hours away.
How We Work
We approach our work as a team. Our mining jobs help deliver products that power and protect our world. Our mining teams do so in a safe and collaborative manner.
- Our mine operations personnel are leaders in mine safety, regularly winning mine rescue competitions.
- Our mine superintendents oversee the operational and business aspects of their mine.
- They work with mine planners to supervise mine planning, development and retrieval of ore from our underground mines.
- Everyone – from interns to leadership – has the opportunity to help execute specific projects, including researching innovative ways to access remote ore, improve ventilation, or move ore from the face to the crusher.
- Leaders also gain experience supervising diverse and driven personnel.
Best of all, our mine operations set clear goals and reward our employees when we reach those goals.
Success is built upon collaboration, so our mine teams work with other departments and teams, such as environmental, project management, maintenance and milling, and sustainability reporting to achieve company goals. Many of these projects are presented to senior and executive level personnel, providing an opportunity to demonstrate thought leadership and explore areas for advancement.
Discover What is Possible
If you have been searching for a company that shares your dedication to sustainable mining and metal production, we should talk! Here’s a sample of mining jobs we have to offer:
- Internships and Summer Employment Opportunities
- Equipment Operators
- Maintenance Technicians
- Mechanical and Electrical Engineers
- Mine Planners
- Mine Engineers
- Mine Superintendent Opportunities
- Project Manager
“We welcome employees who bring new ideas to help us remain competitive and those who are interested in making solid contributions and building a career here. As a third-generation mining engineer, I enjoy living in a small town that’s only an hour from St. Louis.”
Mine Superintendent – Casteel Mine & 29 Mine