Lead Batteries Part of Green Energy Future | National Battery Day
18 Feb 2019
In honor of National Battery Day, a panel of science and business leaders shared updates on innovative lead battery research, as well as public/private partnerships, to meet the need for renewable energy and create efficient energy models to lower the planet’s carbon footprint and stabilize the grid.
Co-Chairs of the Advanced Energy Storage Caucus, Rep. Mark Takano (CA-41) and Rep. Chris Collins (NY-27), discussed their bi-partisan support for battery storage research to support renewable energy and energy independence.
Additional speakers included:
- Angela Rolufs, VP Paragon Business Solutions (formerly Director, Center for Sustainability, Missouri University of Science and Technology) on the “Advanced Lead Battery Microgrid at Missouri S&T’s EcoVillage.”
- George Mues, Manager of Technology Transfer at Ameren, on “Why lead batteries meet the needs for renewable energy storage for utilities.”
- Tim Fister, Materials Scientist, Argonne National Laboratory, on “Industry-national lab collaboration that seeks unrealized potential of lead battery technology.”
- Tim Ellis, President, RSR Technologies, and Chair of the Consortium for Battery Innovation (formerly known as Advanced Lead Acid Battery Consortium), on “Applying Argonne’s research to the marketplace.”
- Carole Mars, Director, Technical Development & Innovation, The Sustainability Consortium on “Sustainability.”